[Openstack-operators] Nova API rate limiting

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Jun 27 06:38:40 UTC 2013

On 27 June 2013 17:57, Tim Bell <Tim.Bell at cern.ch> wrote:
> +1
>

> What are the limits in the other components ? It would be good to be
> consistent, so we don’t end up with high limits on Nova leading to hitting
> the limits on keystone or glance.

I'm not sure - so far we haven't hit rate limits on other components;
we have hit quota limits in nova and neutron; we have hit bugs due to
other too-low settings or inappropriate default backends (like the
keystone kvs store default, now fixed) : but nothing coupled to the
nova rate limits.

So - I do agree that harmonising things across services is a good
idea, just can't point at any other ones we've had to bump up yet.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist