[Openstack-operators] Ansible playbooks for Red Hat's distro of OpenStack

Timothy Gerla tim at gerla.net
Tue Jun 18 15:41:36 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share this with the group in the hopes that we could get
some feedback. We've built a set of Ansible playbooks to install &
configure a "full" OpenStack deployment based on the Red Hat packaging
on CentOS 6.

(Ansible is a configuration management and software deployment
automation tool: http://www.ansibleworks.com/)

Here are the playbooks and some basic documentation:

https://github.com/ansible/ansible-redhat-openstack

I'm interested to know what folks think and if anyone finds this
useful. I think it might be useful for quick deployments (you can go
from a group of minimally installed CentOS boxes to OpenStack in 20-30
minutes), and I think this could serve as the basis for a more
sophisticated production deployment mechanism.

Thanks for looking!

-Tim
--
Tim Gerla