[Openstack-operators] sql access and nova-conductor

Donald Endres don at endres.us
Thu Jun 13 21:55:21 UTC 2013

Hi!

   does anything on a compute node need direct database access?

   I'm attempting to discover how to setup a separate compute node on
ubuntu, grizzly, puppet modules

I'm looking at a combination of the puppet modules (which may be focused on
folsom) and these instructions:

http://docs.openstack.org/grizzly/basic-install/apt/content/basic-install_compute.html#basic-install_compute-intro

I don't see any setting for telling nova-compute the location of
nova-conductor... instead, I see a bunch of sql configuration.

Does anyone know if compute nodes require a database connection to any of
the services on the controller?

Thanks,
 - Don