[Openstack-operators] Guidance on Windows VMs with active directory

Lorin Hochstein lorin at nimbisservices.com
Tue Jun 4 21:18:44 UTC 2013

Hi all:

Does anybody have experience running a Windows domain inside of an
OpenStack cloud, using Active Directory?

I'm doing Windows Active Directory stuff for the first time, and I'd be
interested to hear what strategies people use to automate the tasks such as
joining guests into a domain. (Any problems running a Domain Controller
inside of a guest? Do you hard-code domain info into images, do you
configure with userdata, or do you configure after booting using a tool?
How do you deal with DNS? etc.).

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein