[Openstack-operators] Shared storage HA question

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 14:40:02 UTC 2013

A few things I found were key for I/O performance:

   1. Make sure your network can sustain the traffic. We are using a 10G
   backbone with 2 bonded interfaces per node.
   2. Use high speed drives. SATA will not cut it.
   3. Look into tuning settings. Razique, thanks for sending these along to
   me a little while back. A couple that I found were useful:
      - KVM cache=writeback (a little risky, but WAY faster)
      - Gluster write-behind-window-size (set to 4MB in our setup)
      - Gluster cache-size (ideal values in our setup were 96MB-128MB)

Hope that helps!

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 11:32 AM, Razique Mahroua <razique.mahroua at gmail.com