[Openstack-operators] Article on Improving Grizzly's Parallel Performance

Peter Feiner peter at gridcentric.ca
Mon Jul 22 15:48:42 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've written an article about my ongoing work on improving OpenStack's
parallel performance:

http://blog.gridcentric.com/bid/318277/Boosting-OpenStack-s-Parallel-Performance

The article discusses host configuration changes and patches that give
a 74% speedup in a parallel macro benchmark (boot 40 instances, ping
them, ssh into them, delete them). The configuration changes should be
of particular interest to operators.

This article is a follow up to my presentation at the OpenStack summit
in Portland.

I'm looking forward to discussion, questions, and feedback!

Peter