[Openstack-operators] [SWIFT] Account reaping - gradually

Leandro Reox leandro.reox at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 13:52:41 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I was wondering if there any plans or maybe already exist a feature or a
flag for the account reaping process to make it gradually. We had one case
with an account with millions of files, that was plain deleted, an that
triggers the deletion of every object, then containers to finally delete
the account. This process added a LOT of load on the cluster causing bad
performance issues. Maybe we can add a flag like reaping_progress = x% or
something like that, maybe that hits recon to get the progress and when 5%
its done, move on with the next 5% and so on. Would be great to have
something like this without manual intervention.

Cheers
Lean