[Openstack-operators] Keyring support

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Mon Jul 8 15:05:52 UTC 2013

>> I see with Grizzly that keyring support is now included.

> It's my understanding that the keyring is used to store/cache the
> Keystone token, rather than the username/password.

I would also very much appreciate this feature.

Struggling with the same problem over here.
It is pretty trivial to setup a script to get credentials from the keyring and put it in the environment. (e.g. OS_USERNAME)
However it is still not really secure because the password will be in plaintext readable in the environment of the shell.
Integrating keychain support into the tools would be really nice :)

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen