[Openstack-operators] usage of openstack information

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Thu Jul 4 10:53:20 UTC 2013

Hi all,

(I have been referred to this mailing list for a possible answer to the question mentioned below,I have
already tried the general and the community mailing list). Newby at work here...

I have been reading up on openstack as I am completely new to this. I have set
up some test systems according to manuals found here and there.Now, I have a question about the possible use of openstack storage.
I have seen that the normal provisioning of storage is meant to be for vm's
created within openstack itself. This can then be block storage (cinder) or
object storage.

Can somebody tell me if it is possible to use openstack to provision the same
kind of storage to physical servers which are otherwise in no way connected to
openstack or virtual machines created in systems like vmware?

I hope somebody can answer me this and maybe point me the way to test something
like this.

Thanks in advance,

Rgds,

Randy