[Openstack-operators] Upgrade Strategy from Essex to Folsom+

Jonathan Proulx jon at jonproulx.com
Mon Jan 7 16:55:47 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM, heut2008 <heut2008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It isn't a must to use quantum and openvswitch,also change from
> nova-network to quantum is really a rough work.
> you can use  nova-network in folsom as well.  the folsom split
>  nova-volume to cinder, so cinder is a must  to use.

You can still use nova-volume.

for my Essex to Folsom transition up upgraded in place keeping nova-network
and nova-volume.  After the move to Folsom I then switched from nova-volume
to cinder which was relatively smooth.  I kept nova-network since I'm using
muti-host which quantum doesn't support yet.

I have to run now but I'll try and look through my note for a more detailed
upgrade report

-Jon