[Openstack-operators] Simultaneous launch of multiple instances from horizon leads to multiple LANs assigned to new tenant

rezroo reza at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 4 23:35:58 UTC 2013

Hi - I'm wondering if others have seen this defect and if it has already
been reported or not.
I'm using folsom, deployed using VlanManager.
When a new tenant is created no vlan/network is assigned to it until the
first instance for the project is launched.  This can be confirmed by
creating a new tenant and then doing 'nova-manage network list'.
If now one launches multiple tenants by setting the number of instances
to 4 or 5 then there is a race condition and it is possible that two or
more vlan/networks are assigned to the tenant.
Should I log this as a defect?
Thanks,
Rez