[Openstack-operators] Reference architecture for medium sized environment

Mike Wilson geekinutah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 03:02:29 UTC 2013

Yeah we've played around with it a bit. It works well for the most part. It
does help to have an agent running on your source for migration that tries
to calm down I/O and there may be some tuning of tolerances and timeouts to
be done depending on how your VMs are specd out. Many of our VMs are backed
by LVM storage, so block live migrate is the only "live" migrate that works
well for this sort of thing.

-Mike