[Openstack-operators] [Grizzly]Iptables rules drop packet of VM in network with external DHCP server

Zhang, Kimi (NSN - CN/Cheng Du) kimi.zhang at nsn.com
Mon Aug 19 15:38:29 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm using external DHCP server to allocate IP to VMs. I still create a subnet, but with DHCP disabled.

When I launch a VM, quantum server still allocate a IP(Let's say 10.99.99.3) to the VM, and implement iptables rule below on compute node.  But the VM's real IP is 10.99.99.100 get from external DHCP server.

-A nova-compute-local -d 10.99.99.3/32 -j nova-compute-inst-122

Since the default action is drop, and there's no rule associated with VM's real IP, the network connection of the VM does not work at all...

How can I fix this issue?

Kimi