[Openstack-operators] Reference architecture for medium sized environment

Mitch Anderson mitch at metauser.net
Sat Aug 17 16:55:11 UTC 2013

I would like to think of the compute as 'failure expectant' but the
instance store is a huge hold back.  I have a limited budget and would like
to get the best environment as possible on it.  With that, consolidating
storage is a huge priority.  Running the glance from the Ceph cluster would
definately be a plus.  However, needing shared storage for
/var/lib/nova/instances as well as the ceph cluster means I need an HA NFS
setup as well as the Ceph storage nodes.  I think the only thing I will be
able to get passed off would be one or the other.  Which I assume means I
need this:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/bring-rbd-support-libvirt-images-type
get approved and implemented for havana... what shared ephemeral instance
stores is everyone using?