[Openstack-operators] User-specified Root Disk Size

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Tue Aug 6 17:11:07 UTC 2013

Yes, that does make sense in a lot of ways, but in other ways, there are
valid reasons for wanting a larger root disk size.

The background of my inquiry comes from a cloud user who is unable to
install Microsoft SQL Server on a volume (looking into this issue now) and
as a supplementary question asked why they could not modify their root disk
size like they can on AWS.

The "serious abuse" is able to be mitigated by adding a new quota item for
root disks size. It's a bit odd that quotas for root and ephemeral disks
don't exist in the first place. I did a quick search and found that this
was brought up previously:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/openstack/dev/26069