[Openstack-operators] glance-registry in grizzly

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 14:48:41 UTC 2013

On 08/05/2013 08:11 AM, Juan José Pavlik Salles wrote:
> Hi guys, i've a little and maybe easy question for you. I'm deploying
> grizzly in a few servers and i'd like to know if a really need
> glance-registry as a service to use glance-api. I've read that i don't
> need it if i use glance-api V2, is that correct? I could check my api
> version and switch to V2 and get rid of it.

I recently wondered the same question when we were deploying Grizzly.
After a cursory look through the code, it seems like the Glance Registry
is still used if a call comes in to the v1/ API. So, if any of your
clients still use the v1/ API, and you include the v1/ API in your
glance-api-paste.ini pipelines, you will need to keep glance-registry in
place.

Best,
-jay