[Openstack-operators] Monitoring Openstack

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Fri Apr 26 18:52:38 UTC 2013

One of the things I like about Nagios plug-ins is that they are relatively simple to understand.

Redhat’s RDO is already using some basic Nagios plugins but I think this would make sense as a stackforge project (as the puppet
configuration recipes are now available). Other monitoring systems can often use Nagios plugins (or the logic can be easily
adapted).

Having a ‘best of breed’ plug in set would greatly help deployments. Ultimately, identifying cases such as RabbitMQ queues with lots
of messages or fatal error messages in the logs would be very useful to build up.

Tim