[Openstack-operators] Scalable Glance Nodes

Matt Thompson wateringcan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 08:28:07 UTC 2013

Hi there Joe,

What we do with the notifications is read them from single queue defined by
rabbit_notification_topic and then recreate the messages into unique queues
for each individual glance-api node.  This allows each glance-api node to
sync images independently from one-another and should one node temporarily
drop offline it'll just process any image.update or image.delete messages
when it comes back online.

You'd run into issues using glance-image-sync across several very busy
glance-api nodes, but for smaller / quieter installations it should work OK.

Thanks,
Matt