[Openstack-operators] Configuring NFS for Grizzly - Cinder

Mitch Anderson mitch at metauser.net
Thu Apr 18 15:26:41 UTC 2013

I'm new to openstack and was wanting to use NFS for my vm storage.  I see
mention of the driver but have yet to figure out where services need to be
configured for it all to work.

Is there any documentation out there for configuring NFS storage in a multi
node environment?  Do just the compute nodes need to be able to mount it?
 Do I still configure the cinder-api and cinder-scheduler on the controller?

My reference at this point has been this doc:
https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Grizzly-Install-Guide/blob/OVS_MultiNode/OpenStack_Grizzly_Install_Guide.rst

But I'm at the point of installing cinder, and its doing everything on the
controller with the loop driver.  And my controller doesn't have enough
disk space for more than a few VM's... and I'd like to be able to spin up
enough to max out my two compute nodes.

Any guides or general information would be much appreciated.

-Mitch