[Openstack-operators] Distributed Filesystem

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Wed Apr 17 22:14:40 UTC 2013

Hello,

For Cinder, I'm using NetApp and iSCSI.

For instances, in production, I'm using NFS mounted from a NetApp appliance
to /var/lib/nova/instances. I have a busy sandbox environment that's
currently using Gluster (distributed replicated mode, 4 nodes) and have had
great results.

Thanks,
Joe

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Paras pradhan <pradhanparas at gmail.com>wrote:

> What do people use for cinder?
>
> Thanks
> Paras.
>

> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM, Razique Mahroua <
> razique.mahroua at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was about to use CephFS (Bobtail) but the I can't resize the instances
>> without having CephFS crashing.
>> I'm currently considering GlusterFS which not only provides great
>> performance, it's also pretty much easy to administer  :)
>>
>> Le 17 avr. 2013 à 22:07, JuanFra Rodriguez Cardoso <
>> juanfra.rodriguez.cardoso at gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> Glance and Nova with MooseFS.
>> Reliable, good performance and easy configuration.
>>
>> ---
>> JuanFra
>>

>> 2013/4/17 Jacob Godin <jacobgodin at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Just a quick survey for all of you running distributed file systems for
>>> nova-compute instance storage. What are you running? Why are you using that
>>> particular file system?
>>>
>>> We are currently running CephFS and chose it because we are already
>>> using Ceph for volume and image storage. It works great, except for
>>> snapshotting, where we see slow performance and high CPU load.

Joe Topjian
Systems Administrator
Cybera Inc.

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.