[Openstack-operators] VNC problem in folsom with 2 VMs

Jacob Liberman jliberma at redhat.com
Mon Apr 8 23:25:05 UTC 2013

what is the vnc server listen address in /etc/nova/nova.conf  should be
unique to each compute node

the vnc proxy should be the same across all the compute nodes

[root at rhos0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ for i in 2 3 4 5; do ssh rhos$i grep vnc
/etc/nova/nova.conf; done | grep -v \#
novncproxy_base_url=http://10.16.137.100:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_listen=10.16.137.102
vncserver_proxyclient_address=10.16.137.102
vnc_enabled=true
novncproxy_base_url=http://10.16.137.100:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_listen=10.16.137.103
vncserver_proxyclient_address=10.16.137.103
vnc_enabled=true
novncproxy_base_url=http://10.16.137.100:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_listen=10.16.137.104
vncserver_proxyclient_address=10.16.137.104
vnc_enabled=true
novncproxy_base_url=http://10.16.137.100:6080/vnc_auto.html
vncserver_listen=10.16.137.105
vncserver_proxyclient_address=10.16.137.105
vnc_enabled=true

thanks, jacob