[Openstack-operators] VNC problem in folsom with 2 VMs

Juan José Pavlik Salles jjpavlik at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 22:03:08 UTC 2013

Hi guys, today i added my second compute-node to my folsom deploy. After
configuring everything i launched 2 VMs. One of the VMs is running on the
new node, awesome i said!, but when i tried to open VNC (from the
dashboard) i always get just the console of the VM running on the first
compute-node i added.

What i see is on the first compute node is 2 tcp connections to KVM:

tcp        0      0 172.19.136.20:5900      172.19.136.1:53082
 ESTABLECIDO 37988/kvm
tcp        0      0 172.19.136.20:5900      172.19.136.1:53107
 ESTABLECIDO 37988/kvm

But i don't see any on the new compute node. So i assume that somehow, the
VNC from dashboard is connecting to the same console instead of the one in
the VM running in the new compute-node.

I may have forgotten something in this new compute-node, but i can't figure
it out.

The new VM is running on 172.19.136.21 (my new compute-node) so i should
see one connection on this host to 5900 TCP, but instead of this, both
connections go to 172.19.136.20.

I ran nova-novncproxy and i saw that no matter what VM i choose it always
connects to:

 21: connecting to: 172.19.136.20:5900

Any ideas?? Thanks!

--