[Openstack-operators] CentOS Image

Jacob Godin jacobgodin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 15:23:41 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have created a CentOS image using the AMI + AKI + ARI method (same as I
used to create my Ubuntu images). I am able to successfully upload and
launch the image at first. When trying to launch the third+ instances, they
simply get stuck in a bootloop after the 'Booting from ROM...'.

Even if I delete the original two images, I am unable to boot. The only way
to get a CentOS image to successfully boot is to re-upload the image.

Any ideas? I'm using Folsom w/ Ceph RBD storage for images, and CephFS for
instances.