[Openstack-operators] Adding a Physical Network Interface to an Instance

Steven Barnabas sbarnabas at frontporch.com
Wed Apr 3 17:22:15 UTC 2013

Is there any way to add a physical network interface to an instance?  My compute node has multiple Interfaces and I would like to add one as a monitoring interface to my Windows instance.  I have read about the Multinic feature in openstack, but this will only add an additional Virtual interface.  I cannot find any documentation for physical interfaces.  Is this even possible?

Thank you.

Steven Barnabas
Network Engineer
Front Porch, Inc.