[Openstack-operators] Problem starting image on addtional nova compute (raise rpc_common.Timeout())

Salman Toor salman.toor at it.uu.se
Mon Sep 24 14:37:15 UTC 2012

Hi again,

Yes it seems there is something wrong is qpid...

I have changed to RabbitMQ and that problem resolved.

{rabbit,"RabbitMQ","2.6.1"}

Without any changes in configuration file its running fine.

I am using SLC6.4

My test deployment machines are VM.

Thanks for giving the feeling that I am not alone.... :-)

But now I endup with another problem, When I start a new instance it
starts correctly but it hangs my controller node.

-bash-4.1$ nova list
+--------------------------------------+--------+--------+------------------+
|                  ID                  |  Name  | Status |     Networks     |
+--------------------------------------+--------+--------+------------------+
| b3fc658c-bbfd-428d-9752-51ab24587b84 | c      | ACTIVE | private=10.0.0.3 |
+--------------------------------------+--------+--------+------------------+

And I have to reboot the controller node.

I think there is some problem in the nova.conf

---------- nova.conf -- controller node --------------------------
[DEFAULT]

# LOGS/STATE
verbose=True
logdir=/var/log/nova
state_path=/var/lib/nova
lock_path=/var/lock/nova

# AUTHENTICATION
auth_strategy=keystone

# SCHEDULER
compute_scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.filter_scheduler.FilterScheduler

# VOLUMES
#volume_group=nova-volumes
volume_group=vg1
volume_name_template=volume-%08x
iscsi_helper=tgtadm

# DATABASE
sql_connection=mysql://nova:nova@188.184.20.238/nova

# COMPUTE
libvirt_type=qemu
connection_type=libvirt
instance_name_template=instance-%08x
api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
allow_resize_to_same_host=True

# APIS
osapi_compute_extension=nova.api.openstack.compute.contrib.standard_extensions
ec2_dmz_host=188.184.20.238
s3_host=188.184.20.238

# RABBITMQ
rabbit_host=188.184.20.238

# GLANCE
image_service=nova.image.glance.GlanceImageService
glance_api_servers=188.184.20.238:9292

# NETWORK
network_manager=nova.network.manager.FlatDHCPManager
force_dhcp_release=True
dhcpbridge = /usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
firewall_driver=nova.virt.libvirt.firewall.IptablesFirewallDriver
# Change my_ip to match each host
my_ip=188.184.20.238
public_interface=br100
vlan_interface=eth0
flat_network_bridge=br100
flat_interface=eth0
fixed_range=10.0.0.0/24

# QPID Configurations
#qpid_hostname=188.184.20.238
#rpc_backend = nova.rpc.impl_qpid
#qpid_heartbeat = 60
root_helper = sudo nova-rootwrap

# NOVNC CONSOLE
novncproxy_base_url=http://188.184.20.238:6080/vnc_auto.html
# Change vncserver_proxyclient_address and vncserver_listen to match
each compute host
vncserver_proxyclient_address=188.184.20.238
vncserver_listen=188.184.20.238
libvirt_inject_partition = -1

-bash-4.1$ sudo brctl show
br100           8000.00155dffa5d1       no              eth0
virbr0          8000.525400965cd8       yes             virbr0-nic

2GB RAM but I am only trying to start tiny images.

Can someone again give some hint ?

Regards..
Salman.