[Openstack-operators] Problem launching instance, Kernel panic… (Scientific Linux)

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Fri Oct 19 12:05:01 UTC 2012

Hi Salman,

Have you checked the instances console logs? (i.e `nova console-log
$SERVER_UUID` or the "logs" visible in Horizon)

If there is nothing showing in the console logs, then you need to make
enable a serial console in the image and then re-upload it to glance.

A quick search for a how to do this when RHEL shows this guide - which
looks complete to me, but I'm an Ubuntu guy ;)

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-serial-console-howto/

Thanks,
Kiall