[Openstack-operators] API suite for job submission and management?

Steven Manos smanos at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Oct 18 08:17:42 UTC 2012

Hi Salman,

There are some tools available that can orchestrate machines on OpenStack clouds. One example is CloudMan [ http://usecloudman.org/ ], which is used as the engine for Galaxy, a bioinformatics analysis platform.

Users in OpenStack can also manage their own projects where each project can have multiple users that are able to share VM snapshots, which is very useful in a research collaboration context.

And of course there are tools like puppet that can be used to script and automate the launch and control of 1000's of VMs..

Hope this helps,

Steven.

On 18/10/2012, at 6:55 PM, Salman Toor <salman.toor at it.uu.se<mailto:salman.toor at it.uu.se>>