[Openstack-operators] Need some help in setup of of Quantum Network

Vivek Singh Raghuwanshi vivekraghuwanshi at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 03:51:05 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I am using Folsom release with openvswitch and Quantum. and trying on one
node. once one node is up i am adding more nodes in it.

My Folsom is working fine, i am able to launch instances and they are
getting ip but i am not able to ping them and access them from node and not
able to access them after giving them floating ip.

Here is my setup description.

Node1 : nova-compute, nova-scheduler, nova-api, nova-consoleauth , rabbitmq
, cinder , Horizon , mysql
             quantum-server , quantum-dhcp , quantum-l3-agent ,
quantum-openvswitch-agent

Node1 is having 4 lan card
eth0 : 10.83.192.3   (connected to external switch)
eth1 : 172.24.0.1/255.255.0.0 (connected to internal switch)
eth2: (connected to internal switch)
eth3:br-ex (connected to external switch without ip)

br-ex : eth3
br-int : eth2
br-eth1 : eth1

I want to make a per tenant base network like tenant1 172.24.1.0/24 and
172.24.2.0/24
tenant2 172.24.3.0/24 and 172.24.4.0/24 and then want to access them from
outside world via floating ip in series of 10.83.192.0/24

Please help me to setup this Quantum setup, i am very new in Quantum so
want to understand the network flow and router and gateway definition i am
using vlan.

Also let me know which one is better vlan or gre. as per my view vlan
require some configuration on switch and gre not. if its true which switch
is this openvswitch or physical cisco switch.

--
ViVek Raghuwanshi
Mobile -+91-09595950504

Skype - vivek_raghuwanshi