[Openstack-operators] Extending a flatdhcp network, or adding a new one

Ryan Lane rlane at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 1 19:09:56 UTC 2012

Based on what I'm seeing from the documentation and from nova-network,
it's currently impossible to change a network range that's already
created. Am I incorrect on this? What options do I have if my network
is too small and it needs to be extended? Can I create a second
network? It seems that this is something that nova is completely
deficient at currently.

Will this situation be fixed in quantum? It's a fairly normal
operation to change networks, it would be really nice if OpenStack
tools could do this too.

- Ryan