[Openstack-operators] ISO containing the user data. How to attach it at boot time?

Anton Haldin ahaldin at griddynamics.com
Mon Nov 19 17:51:58 UTC 2012

Hi Salman

I'm not sure if I understand your question.
If you want to launch instances by using your image , you need to load it
in glance (storage service for images)

If you want to push some data to the new instance ,  you can use "user
data" parameter with "nova boot" command .Value of this parameter would be
pushed into instance by file injection.  You can also use meta data with
"nova boot" command. Values of meta data ( tags) would be available in
instance through metadata service.

Anton.