[Openstack-operators] baremetal driver - is anyone actually using the old code?

Devananda van der Veen devananda.vdv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 22:05:39 UTC 2012

Following up on today's Nova meeting, I am checking to see if anyone is
still using the old (essex, folsom) baremetal driver. There has been a lot
of work done on replacing this driver by folks at NTT, ISI, HP, and
elsewhere, including both a talk and session at the Grizzly summit.

As far as I know, no one has come forward and said, "Wait, I like the old
driver! It's great, please don't replace it." None the less, with the
review for the new driver about to land and replace the old code, it was
agreed that we should check on the ML's one more time before merging this
patch:
   https://review.openstack.org/#/c/11354/

As they say, speak now or forever hold your peas ;)

Cheers,
Devananda