[Openstack-operators] Configuring a driver for a vNIC

Eugene Nelen enelen at helioscloud.com
Tue Nov 13 13:26:47 UTC 2012

Hi
There is file called libvirt.xml.template
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/nova/virt/libvirt.xml.template
you can copy it for example to /etc/nova and add next line to nova.conf
--libvirt_xml_template=/etc/nova/libvirt.xml.template
Also you should disable using virtio for bridges
--use_virtio_for_bridges=false

>From this template libvirt configuration files are generated -
so to use e1000 driver you should add next line to this template -
<model type='e1000'/> in bridge definition.