[Openstack-operators] Any Documentation available for installing openstack swift with lxc

Jonathan D. Proulx jon at csail.mit.edu
Tue Nov 6 15:12:26 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 12:33:57PM +0530, Sujay M wrote:
:Hi all,
:
:I am new to openstack swift. I have set up SAIO in a Ubuntu VM. It is
:working fine. I have the following doubts.
:
:1. How can i use LXC for virtualization in Openstack ?

http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/admin/content/lxc.html

On Ubuntu 12.04, enable LXC support in OpenStack by installing the
nova-compute-lxc package. Note That LXC isn't virtualization (not
really) so your VM images need to closely match your compute-host.

: I need to set up a cloud storage with LXC for virtualization. How ca i do
:this? Should I install all the openstack modules like swift, nova etc or is
:swift just enough for my task?

That said if you just want Swift as an object store you don't need the
other pieces of openstack (though you probably Keystone authentication
and might want the Horizon dashboard web UI)

:2. How can i make a custom swift client API ?

the API docs are at http://docs.openstack.org/api  if you need a
custom API seems you would write an api server that speaks the API you
want and then translates that to the Swift API to actually do what
ever it needs to do.  I'm curious why you need a custom API?

-Jon

:
:--
:Best Regards,