[Openstack-operators] Unable to browse openstack demo

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 16:00:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I followed following doc to install openstack;

Expreimenting with OpenStack Essex on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS under VirtualBox
http://www.tikalk.com/alm/blog/expreimenting-openstack-essex-ubuntu-1204-lts-under-virtualbox

Installation went through without much difficulty.  However after finish I couldn't connect openstack demo on host's browser running 172.16.0.1, "server not found".

eth0 10.0.2.15
eth1 172.16.0.1

On host terminal I can ping 172.16.0.1 but unable to ping 10.0.2.15

# glance details
Failed to show details.  Got error:
You are not authenticated
Details: 401 Unauthroized

This server could not verify that your are authrised to access the document you requested.  Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser does not understand how to supply the credentials required.

Please help.  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L