[Openstack-operators] Examples/demonstration on running OpenStack in Data-Centre

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 05:39:44 UTC 2012

Hi Warren,

Thanks for your advice.

- snip _

> Design the site to be resilient, and use Openstack and Chef/Puppet/CFengine/etc

> to configure them.

I hope following document is the right direction for me to start?

Using Puppet to configure OpenStack Instances
http://start.nwt.fhstp.ac.at/blog/?p=236

If I'm wrong pls advice.  TIA

- snip -
> When you start talking about multiple cloud environments across multiple
> data centers, things become more interesting.

Are following threads being relevant?

Multi-Datacenter and Remote IT Monitoring
http://www.uptimesoftware.com/multi-datacenter.php

DuraCloud Wiki
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DURACLOUD/DuraCloud

If NOT, please advise.  TIA

> There are a lot of things that you can do to demo a cloud environment.

> You don't necessarily have to look at just Openstack to get ideas.

> You can get ideas from EC2 as well.

Noted.  Thanks

B.R.
SL