[Openstack-operators] How many NIC do I need for installing Essex

Paul Guth gunther at cloudscaling.com
Sun Jul 22 16:17:34 UTC 2012

Those are loopback interfaces created on your host machine, not real
routing interfaces. They should *not* be part of an existing routed network
that you are using. So if 192.168.0.0/24 is a network that you are already
using this environment, then do *not* use those for the vboxnet addresses.
It should work with the IP addresses in the blog post, I think.

Paul

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 7:43 PM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm following;
> Expreimenting with OpenStack Essex on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS under
>
> http://www.tikalk.com/alm/blog/expreimenting-openstack-essex-ubuntu-1204-lts-under-virtualbox
>
> building OpenStack, Essex.
>
> But I can't resolve how many NICs I need to install Essex?  To my
> understanding on the diagram - Quick Overview of The Installation
>
> eth0 = NIC-0
> eth1 = NIC-1
> eth2 = NIC-2
>
> then it needs 3 NICs.
>
> On the other hand;
> vboxnet0 and vboxnet1 are virtual NIC
>
> then it needs 2 NICs, one for NAT.
>
> But I have only ONE NIC on the box.  Is there any solution?  Please help.
> TIA
>
> B.R.
> Stephen L

Paul Guth