[Openstack-operators] nova.projects mysql table getting lost almost *every* day!

erkan yanar erkan.yanar at linsenraum.de
Wed Jul 11 15:52:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 04:22:16PM +0100, Kevin Jackson wrote:
> Dear all,
> This is interesting as I've seen this twice now - one of our DBAs and
> sysadmins has just approached me saying they can't do an export of the nova
> database because of a "missing table" that's listed but they can't access.
> I just responded saying I've seen this before and without asking them which
> table I asked "nova.projects"?
>
> So whilst I don't disagree with something corrupted - its a bit odd that
> that its nova.projects consistently.
>
> I've seen this in a mix of hardware and set ups with MySQL.

Sorry to jump in.
Im just joined the list.
It the table projects is there. The table dns_domains makes it 'vanish'.
The table dns_domains is still latin1 while havin a FK-constraint to projects (utf8).
Changing dns_domais to utf8 make your projects-table appear again.
Take care to i.e.
ALTER TABLE dns_domains modify  `domain` varchar(255) character set utf8  NOT NULL;
As a key over 512 utf8 chars exceeds the limitation for a single key in innodb.

Regards
Erkan

--
über den grenzen muß die freiheit wohl wolkenlos sein