[Openstack-operators] Openstack SUSE and SLES packages

Christian Baumann baumann at b1-systems.de
Wed Dec 19 13:58:31 UTC 2012

Hello Diego,

> reading a very interesting discussion in the openstack-dev list about
> distros support for Openstack, I have been wondering for a while if the
> openstack packages made by B1-Systems [1] are the ones used in the
> 'Official SUSE' packages used in the SUSE Cloud[2].
>
> Anyone knows?

the SUSE Cloud packages were based on our B1 packages but today it's 2
different things.
SUSE has a product called SUSE cloud based on the essex release - B1
maintains a public ISV repository with our packages [1] with more
recent versions of
OpenStack. Current B1 stable is Folsom and we also have a Grizzly repo
as well - you can find all in
the Wiki - besides SUSE Enterprise aka. SLES we also support OpenSuSE
distribution [2].

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=isv:B1-Systems:OpenStack:release:Folsom
[2] http://wiki.openstack.org/Packaging/SUSE