[Openstack-operators] Fwd: nova-compute on VirtualBox with qemu

andi abes andi.abes at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 19:42:11 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: andi abes <andi.abes at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Subject: nova-compute on VirtualBox with qemu
To: openstack-operators at lists.openstack.org

I'm using Essex on virtual box, and am having some issues getting
nova-compute to not hate me that much.
The error I'm getting is: libvir: QEMU error : internal error Cannot
find suitable emulator for x86_64
Running the same steps as in [1] seems to reproduce the same behavior.

The VB guest is 12.04.

nova-compute.conf has:
[DEFAULT]
libvirt_type=qemu

I guess my question is - where do i supply libvirt / nova the magical
'disable accel' flags? (i.e. '-machine accel=kvm:tcg', which seem to
make qemu happy).

TIA,
a.

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/virt/2012-July/003358.html

(adding openstack, and some more details)

Versions:
qemu-system-x86_64 --version
QEMU emulator version 1.0.50 (qemu-kvm-devel), Copyright (c) 2003-2008
Fabrice Bellard

libvirtd --version
libvirtd (libvirt) 0.9.9

tia,