[Openstack-operators] Creating an image from a snapshot

Lloyd Dewolf lloydostack at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 02:02:37 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 5:59 PM, Sam Morrison <sorrison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> Cloud init should run every time you start/boot/reboot up an instance from what I understand.
>
> Cheers,
> Sam
>

> On 16/08/2012, at 10:41 AM, Samuel Winchenbach <swinchen at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I am trying to modify a stock image (http://cloud-images.ubuntu.com/)
>> to include the software needed for our particular tasks (graphical
>> environment, engineering software, word processor, printer, etc).  To
>> do this I made all the changes I need to an instance and took a
>> snapshot.  Is there a way to "reset" the image so the initial
>> cloud-init procedures will be called for importing ssh keys (and any
>> other setup it may do)?

My experience is the same as Sam Morrison's.

precise-server-cloudimg-amd64-disk1.img       15-Aug-2012 06:48  222M
Cloud image for 64-bit computers (QCOW2 disk image file for use with
QEMU and KVM)

What are the symptoms you are seeing? You can manually add another key
(hard code) to authorized_keys to help you debug the symptom.

Cheers,
--
@lloyddewolf
http://www.pistoncloud.com/