[Openstack-operators] Newbie Question - Can I interface with open stack providers from my desktop?

Mr IT Guru misteritguru at gmx.com
Sun Aug 12 23:57:11 UTC 2012

Good Morning Open Stack People,

Please forgive this naive question.

I've been trying to follow Open Stack, and to be honest, I think it's pretty awesome. From my understanding of Horizon, it's a dashboard for controlling the features of the stack as a whole. I can't help but thinking that, that's great for managing my own private setup - But can I use it to interface with a third party implementation - for example, My Rack Space account? And if not why not!!! (Just kidding). If this is off topic for the list, then I'm sorry, but my mind keeps racing as I think of the possibilities. If I'm off target, or if this is not the aim of Horizon, then I think I'll be a bit disappointed. I've been following this project since it was announced just to see the day where I can run my own cloud from an old crusty pentium laptop with 512MB of memory!!

Thanks!