[Openstack-operators] About the directory of keystone admin

Joe Topjian joe.topjian at cybera.ca
Sun Aug 12 05:22:38 UTC 2012

Hi Stephen,

The keystone_admin file is just an arbitrary file used as a shortcut when
running OpenStack commands.

The contents of the file contains the admin username, tenant, password, and
auth url. Rather than specifying them on the command line each time you use
the "keystone" command, you just put the variables in your environment.

The file can be named anything you want, but this example uses
"~/keystone_admin". It's more commonly titled "openrc" in other documents.

After creating the file, you can run either:

. ~/keystone_admin
or
source ~/keystone_admin

to read the variables into your environment.

~ in this case, is most likely /root.

Hope that helps,
Joe

On Sat, Aug 11, 2012 at 2:54 AM, Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm following;
>
> Red Hat Essex Preview
> Lab Guide
> Red Hat Summit - 2012 Edition
> http://fedorapeople.org/~russellb/openstack-lab-rhsummit-2012/
>
> to set up OpenStack, Essex, on Fedora 17
>
> I'm stuck here:
> Now that an admin user has been created, that account can be used to
> administer keystone. To make it easy to set the admin user's credentials in
> the proper environment variables, create a keystonerc_admin file with the
> following contents ....
> http://fedorapeople.org/~russellb/openstack-lab-rhsummit-2012/ch02s02.html
>
> Where shall I create the file keystonerc_admin?  Where is the admin's
> directory?
>
> Please help.  TIA
>
> B.R.
> SL

Joe Topjian
Systems Administrator
Cybera Inc.

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.