[Openstack-operators] [Openstack] WebEx Sessions Expired... (was: Remote participation from Design Summit)

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Wed Apr 18 21:05:38 UTC 2012

I know stefan and I spoke about setting up some sort of embedded
ffmpeg uplink solution or icecast for the rooms at the next go around.
 So that they could just start an upstream link to a remote streaming
host.

No reason we couldn't scale that 'in the cloud' to meet demand.  We'd
just need to hunt down some cheap linux capable boards with wifi and
line in.  Shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

We could also setup a service on the nodes we deploy to register their
IP address and status info to something like a small RPC service.  Not
too much work to accomplish.  It would be kind of a cool project to
deploy a scalable streaming system for a conference like this and plug
it into an openstack scalable infrastructure.

-Matt