[Openstack-operators] moving the cloud subnet problem

Peter Borsody borsodp at staff.westminster.ac.uk
Fri Sep 23 15:39:49 UTC 2011

Hi.

I'm working on setting up a university cloud, but have to move all the
network to an other subnet.
Now, I've 2 nodes (10.1.22.100 and .101) with 8 cores, and a CC
(10.1.22.200). The network gateway is listening on 10.1.22.1.

Got a lot of problem with the new configuration, because the CC is not on
the address range .1
The nova assume, the gateway = CC, and dns = CC.
Eg, in the CC process:
dnsmasq --strict-order --bind-interfaces --conf-file= --domain=novalocal
--pid-file=/var/linova/networks/nova-br100.pid --listen-address= ** get the
gateway address, not the CC address ** --[.....]

in the VM instance:
The "/etc/resolv.conf" contains only the CC address, not the valid DNS
address (which is in the database nova/networks.dns ).

I solved the problems above, but now, I get a strange error on the CC.
The CC "associate" to the gateway address, reply the ping request, and
others. On CC, no interface has this ( 10.1.22.1) address.
Is the nova makes some IP alias fakeing?
If I stop all the nova-services, this fake address is still working.. There
are no address shown on ifconfig, or hosts, or other config files.

Cheers,
Peter