[Openstack-operators] Swift v1.4.3 Multiple Server Installation on EC2 - Help

Amar Kapadia akapadia_usa at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 22:44:49 UTC 2011

I am following the steps in http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html to try out Swift on 6 EC2 nodes (1 proxy, 5 storage). I'm using EC2 since I don't have 6 physical servers to spare.

In the "General OS configuration and partitioning for each node" section: Step 6 is not clear

Step 6 says:

===
Publish the local network IP address for use by scripts found later in this documentation:
export STORAGE_LOCAL_NET_IP=10.1.2.3
export PROXY_LOCAL_NET_IP=10.1.2.4
===

I assume I should be substituting the IP addresses with my IP addresses?

The PROXY_LOCAL_NET_IP I am guessing should be the local IP address of my Proxy server.

How about STORAGE_LOCAL_NET_IP? Is that the IP address of the first Storage server out of the 5 that I set up or any Storage server picked at random?

Thanks in advance.

Amar
--
Amar Kapadia