[Openstack-operators] Logging into OpenStackDashboard

Harlan H. Bloom harlan at bloomenterprises.org
Thu Oct 27 17:28:35 UTC 2011

Hello Everyone,
I setup OpenStackDashboard according to the instructions on this wiki: http://wiki.openstack.org/OpenStackDashboard

However, I can't seem to figure out how to login to the Dashboard. I've tried:
User/pass: root/localpassword, admin/admin, admin/999888777666, other local unix usernames and passwords.

I do have keystone setup and it appears to be running correctly.

I'm running on Ubuntu Server 11.10. All of OpenStack is running on this computer; this is a test system until we get more comfortable with OpenStack before setting up the "real" hardware.

I can create VM's from the command line and connect to them just fine. I only need to use the pem files created during OpenStack installation. We would very much prefer to use the website for most of our users.

If you need any other information, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and attention,

Harlan...