[Openstack-operators] Rabbitmq

Linux Datacenter linuxdatacenter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 09:33:57 UTC 2011

Hi,

After I upgraded to diablo, I see a dramatic slowdown when launching and
terminating vm-s. When I submit creation of 10 or more vm-s, nova headnode
almost freezes. It takes around 3 minutes for the vm-s to spawn. Also
euca-terminate-instances deletes instances with lags (about a minute) when
destroying 10 or more machines.

I also observe instability in rabbitmq server. It freezes occasionally and I
need to restart rabbitmq server, nova-api, nova-scheduler to make the whole
thing work again.

I did not have any of these with cactus release.
Has anybody run into such issues as mine with diablo? Do you have a remedy
for this?

Cheers,
-Piotr

--