[Openstack-operators] Swift/Keystone AuthN namespace collisions?

Judd Maltin openstack at newgoliath.com
Fri Nov 18 22:08:15 UTC 2011

Moving this to proper list...

Namespace collision would be account:username :

tenant1:judd
tenant2:judd

Different users of same name "judd" in different tenants/accounts.  With
Keystone JSON, you can send the tenant name.  With swift cli, the old
synatx of account:username is not honored.

WRT endpoint templates:

I've got accounts already in swift that I do not want to destroy, and want
to use:  http://127.0.0.1:8080/v1.0/AUTH_newgoliath

Upon setting up users/tenants/roles/endpoint_
templates in Keystone and then authenticating, it sends back only the
%tenant_id% which is an int, not the %tenant_name% string, which would make
migrating to Keystone a whole lot easier, considering that swauth and
tempauth both use a string.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help.

-judd