[Openstack-operators] can't login to dashboard

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 14:02:53 UTC 2011

I finally got an single node instance of Nova running following these
directions
http://wiki.openstack.org/SingleNodeNovaVagrantChef

unfortunately, I cannot login to the dashboard. this is frustrating because
I want to show to my manager that openstack is more than an awesome pipe
dream

I get this error:
Unexpected error: 'Settings' object has no attribute
'OPENSTACK_KEYSTONE_URL'

w/ the help of google, i found this commit
https://github.com/4P/openstack-dashboard/pull/13/files#diff-0

afaict, my system doesn't have a process listening on the old port (8080)
nor the new one (5000)

nor does   $ ps -ef | grep keystone   report anything

any advice would be most appreciated