[Openstack-operators] OpenStack Compute (Nova) question

Edier Zapata edalzap at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 15:40:27 UTC 2011

Good morning,
 I'm new in OpenStack and want to set up Nova in 10 server (1 head node and
9 compute), Nova is already installed and running in all the servers but I
got this error:

When I run the
 euca-run-instances $emi -k mykey -t m1.tiny
the instance start in schedulling and later change to Shutdown, I was
checking the compute node where the euca-describe-instances reports the
instance is loaded and I found this error message:
2011-07-06 13:14:15,533 INFO nova.compute.manager [-] Found instance
'instance-0000000b' in DB but no VM. State=8, so setting state to shutoff.
2011-07-06 13:14:15,534 INFO nova.compute.manager [-] DB/VM state mismatch.
Changing state from '8' to '5'

I only installed Nova, do I need to install another OpenStack project like
Glance to share the images between the different nodes?

Thank you.

--
Edier Alberto Zapata Hernández
Ingeniero de Sistemas